Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ni...@hydro.qc.ca on 2001/06/26 22:03:56 UTC

future release feature

Hi !

I'm currently using Log4j in a RMI Framework for the compagny I'm working
for... Log4j IS great, but it would be really usefull to let the
Property/Basic configurator configure() methods at least return a boolean,
so the caller knows if the configuration was sucessful or not.
In my RMI framework, the loging can be dynamically changed using a RMI call,
and it would be very apreciable to get the configuration errors in return
too ! (not only in the server LogLog which logs in stdout, ......)

Not very difficult to do, but it would be very usefull !!! And moreover, it
would be still backward compatible ... (since current methods don't return
anything )

Fabien Nisol
TransÉnergie, Hydro-Québec
* (514) 289-2211 poste 2027