Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nigel Robbins <ni...@wallstreetsystems.com> on 2015/11/10 16:14:44 UTC

Simple web interface for queries

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a simplified web user interface for users to
issue just queries.

The http://localhost:8984/solr/#/core/query URL has too many options for my
end-users.

For example, can the web interface be configured for queries so that only
the “query string” and output can be seen ?

Thanks,

Nigel

Re: Simple web interface for queries

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Solr is not actually designed to be directly exposed to the end-users.
It is possible to delete the whole collection,etc. It is supposed to
be treated as a database behind firewall, etc.

Just thought I'll mention that in case you did not know it.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
Solr Analyzers, Tokenizers, Filters, URPs and even a newsletter:
http://www.solr-start.com/

Posted by davidphilip cherian <da...@gmail.com>.
How about velocity search UI? You can access that using /browse

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Velocity+Search+UI