Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Daniel Zhang <zh...@clinicaltools.com> on 2003/08/06 14:29:33 UTC

Upload multiple files

Scott -

This question comes after Barry White's upload question. If I have
multiple files uploaded, one way is to send each file uploaded with
seperate soap request, but I don't think it's efficient. So the other
way I think, is to create a Datahandler array, then you send all files
in this array with single soap request, I think this is more efficient.

DataHandler[] dhArray = new DataHandler[fileNumber];
for (int i = 0; i < fileNumber; i++) {
    dhArray[i] = new DataHandler(datasource[i]);
}
params.addElement(new Parameter("uploadfiles",
javax.activation.DataHandler[].class, dhArray, null));

The key point here is "javax.activation.DataHandler[].class" legal or
illiegal for class type? Or we have to do extra effort here?

TIA,

-Daniel

Re: Upload multiple files

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.