Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/04 14:10:02 UTC

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/action/ActionForm

Hi I am working on a project and we are building an ear file that cosists of
2 jars and a war file. When deploying it on the Weblogic Server it reports
no errors, but when requesting the url from the browser it reports the
follwing error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/action/ActionForm
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
	at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findLocalClass(GenericClassLoader.java:480)
	at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoader.java:182)
	at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.loadClass(GenericClassLoader.java:224)
	at weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader.loadClass(ChangeAwareClassLoader.java:41)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1655)
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1139)
	at java.beans.Introspector$1.run(Introspector.java:1127)
	at java.beans.Introspector.getPublicDeclaredMethods(Introspector.java:1125)
	at java.beans.Introspector.getTargetMethodInfo(Introspector.java:990)

I am sure I have the struts.jar in my WEB-INF/lib directory which is
located in the war file and I don't now what is going on. Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Regards, Petar!

Re: {Spam?} Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/action/ActionForm

Posted by GR...@intellicare.com.
I agree with Laurie below that (b) is probably the culprit, except I know
I have read (on struts.apache.org) that the only place your struts.jar
ought to be is in WEB-INF/lib of your web application. If for example
other copies are present elsewhere (other than in a web application
context) I think they should be removed.. However, I have only worked with
Tomcat so maybe WLS does things differently..(though I would be surprised
if that were so...- my 2 bits..:))

Geeta

Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>
Sent by: news <ne...@sea.gmane.org>
08/05/2005 01:39 PM
Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

user@struts.apache.org
cc

Subject
{Spam?} Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/struts/action/ActionForm

I haven't used WLS much, but this is almost certainly either (a) you don't

have the Struts jars in place as you think you do ;-) or (b) there are
copies elsewhere on WLS's classpath. Does it have a copy of Struts bundled

or something? Try removing struts.jar from WEB-INF/lib. If that changes
the
behaviour, you probably have situation (b).

L.

Petar Tahchiev wrote:

> Hi I am working on a project and we are building an ear file that
cosists of
> 2 jars and a war file. When deploying it on the Weblogic Server it
reports
> no errors, but when requesting the url from the browser it reports the
> follwing error:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/action/ActionForm
>                at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>                at
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)
>                at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
>                at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findLocalClass(GenericClassLoader.java:480)
>                at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoader.java:182)
>                at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
>                at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:282)
>                at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
>                at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.loadClass(GenericClassLoader.java:224)
>                at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader.loadClass(ChangeAwareClassLoader.java:41)
>                at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
>                at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
>                at
java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1655)
>                at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1139)
>                at java.beans.Introspector$1.run(Introspector.java:1127)
>                at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
>                at
java.beans.Introspector.getPublicDeclaredMethods(Introspector.java:1125)
>                at
java.beans.Introspector.getTargetMethodInfo(Introspector.java:990)

> I am sure I have the struts.jar in my WEB-INF/lib directory which is
> located in the war file and I don't now what is going on. Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Laurie, Open Source advocate, Java geek and novice blogger:
http://www.holoweb.net/laurie

believed to be clean.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:This email is intended solely for the person or
protected health information.  Any duplication, dissemination, action
taken in reliance upon, or other use of this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may violate
applicable laws.  If this email has been received in error, please notify
the sender and delete the information from your system.  The views
expressed in this email are those of the sender and may not necessarily
represent the views of IntelliCare.

Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/action/ActionForm

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.