Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Lincoln Ritter <li...@lincolnritter.com> on 2008/06/06 00:11:14 UTC

Re: svn nutch with hadoop 0.17

Greetings,

I'd love to contribute to this effort.  I am new to the codebase of
both projects so if anybody can pointers on what to look out for, that
would be swell.  One big thing I've noticed is the deprecation and
removal of FileSystem#listPaths.  What is the intended replacement for
the functionality that was provided by the listPaths method? It
appears that FileSystem#listsStatus duplicates some of the
functionality but also adds more.  Can anybody shed any light here?

If anybody has already started working on this, just let me know how I
can help out.  I couldn't find anything in JIRA, but I am new to
contributing to open source projects (in general and Apache projects
in particular) so I may have missed it.

Thanks!

-lincoln

--