Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Leif Singer <ax...@singer.sh> on 2007/10/31 11:57:40 UTC

XmlSchema.write returning empty

Hello,

I know this question is probably supposed to go to an XmlSchema-users
or at least Commons-users mailing list, but since on http://ws.apache.org/commons/XmlSchema/mail-lists.html
  I didn't find any of these, I post it here.

I'm trying to generate XML Schema using the XMLSchema API. I setup my
namespaces, add types and elements. When I'm done,
XmlSchema.getSchemaTypes() returns everything I added. However, when I
try to serialize the object model, I only get a <schema /> object with
my namespace declarations, but not containing any types / elements.

E.g., for a ComplexType, I create an XmlSchemaComplexType, set its
name, set its particle to be an XmlSchemaSequence and then use
XmlSchema.addType(XmlSchema type) to add it to my schema's types. I
added elements to the XmlSchemaSequence using
XmlSchemaSequence.getItems().add(XmlSchemaObject) with each element
being an instance of XmlSchemaElement.

I remember a similar quirk when using WSDL4J to generate WSDL. On some
objects I needed to call setUndefined(false). Maybe there is something
simple I need to call before writing it all out? Or maybe I'm doing
something fundamentally wrong?

Thanks in advance
   Leif Singer