Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jeff Sexton <se...@odscompanies.com> on 2004/05/18 20:43:44 UTC

Problem with Cocoon on AIX

I'm attempting to build Cocoon 2.1.4 on AIX 5.2 with JDK 1.4.1.
Any ideas on this problem?  Thanks

Apache Cocoon Build System
--------------------------
Buildfile: build.xml

prepare:
                  Apache Cocoon 2.1.4 [1999-2004]
  Building with Apache Ant version 1.6.0 compiled on December 18 2003
  Using build file /usr/local/cocoon-2.1.4/build.xml
  Compiler options:
    - debug ......... [on]
    - optimize ...... [on]
    - deprecation ... [off]

compile-core:
Compiling 545 source files to
/usr/local/cocoon-2.1.4/build/cocoon-2.1.4/classes
/usr/local/cocoon-2.1.4/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/fom/FOM_Cocoon.java:106:
cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter
location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_Cocoon.CallContext
         FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter interpreter;
         ^

--
The ODS Companies
Jeff Sexton

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity
to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose
or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.

Re: Problem with Cocoon on AIX

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 18.05.2004 20:43, Jeff Sexton wrote:
> I'm attempting to build Cocoon 2.1.4 on AIX 5.2 with JDK 1.4.1.
> Any ideas on this problem?  Thanks

> compile-core:
> Compiling 545 source files to
> /usr/local/cocoon-2.1.4/build/cocoon-2.1.4/classes
> /usr/local/cocoon-2.1.4/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/fom/FOM_Cocoon.java:106:
> cannot resolve symbol
> symbol  : class FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter
> location: class
> org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_Cocoon.CallContext
>         FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter interpreter;
>         ^

I guess this means anywhere on your classpath there is a rhino package.
As Cocoon resets every setting at the beginning of the build I guess it
is in the IBM JDK.

Joerg