Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by maddiin <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2008/11/02 00:06:33 UTC

Reorganization of the wiki

I started to reorganize the front page of the wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/FrontPageNew

I think the current front page is hard to read because of the CamelCase
links and is cluttered with too much information. I would like to group
pages and get rid of CamelCase links/headings.

This would also affect already created pages (for example change the
link from "GettingStartedWithFuton" to "Getting started with Futon").

Therefore the old links would be outdated, but it should be possible to
redirect to new locations with "#REDIRECT pagename" within wiki pages,
at least the moinmoin documentation says so.

So please have a look at the proposed front page and let me know what
you think. If no one is strictly against it I´ll go ahead and take care
of the changes and your suggestions.

Re: Reorganization of the wiki

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On Nov 2, 2008, at 00:06, maddiin wrote:

> I started to reorganize the front page of the wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/FrontPageNew
>
> I think the current front page is hard to read because of the
> CamelCase links and is cluttered with too much information. I would
> like to group pages and get rid of CamelCase links/headings.
>
> This would also affect already created pages (for example change the
> link from "GettingStartedWithFuton" to "Getting started with Futon").
>
> Therefore the old links would be outdated, but it should be possible
> to redirect to new locations with "#REDIRECT pagename" within wiki
> pages, at least the moinmoin documentation says so.
>
> So please have a look at the proposed front page and let me know
> what you think. If no one is strictly against it I´ll go ahead and
> take care of the changes and your suggestions.

+1 (CCing -dev)

Great work Maddiin!

Cheers
Jan

Re: Reorganization of the wiki

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ed Finkler <fu...@gmail.com>.
This looks really good. Thanks for your work on this.

--
Ed Finkler
http://funkatron.com