Posted to dev@shale.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2007/12/06 16:15:33 UTC

[release] Last release of Shale?

Hi,

as discussed already (here/dev@myfaces.a.o) there will be a move of
Shale (or some parts of it),
into MyFaces.

But, before a thing like that will happen, we should release
1.0.5
1.1.0

WDYT?

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: [release] Last release of Shale?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
As I have posted on this list before, I am in favor of releasing Shale
in it's current state before moving any parts of it to MyFaces.

Paul Spencer

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 12/20/07, Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip/>

> I'm listening, but having a hard time making time to do the Tiles
> thing. My work is starting to slow down a bit. Maybe I can jump in and
> upgrade the Tiles support by the end of the week.

<snap/>

That'd be great, thanks in advance!

-Rahul

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
> On Dec 8, 2007 6:40 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm looking at the 1.0.x branch, trying to get everything into a
> > single distribution so that it's easy to release.
>
> Or not.  I didn't realize how many example apps we have!  I put them
> back in a profile so they're not part of the default build.  Use
> -Dapps to activate the profile.
>
> I switched to the latest assembly plugin version (2.2-beta-1) and
> attached the framework distribution assembly so it should build during
> the normal lifecycle (i.e., when you type 'mvn site install' instead
> of having to type 'cd shale-dist; mvn assembly:assembly'.)  The
> contents need to be verified, though.  It might not be picking up the
> documentation.

<snip/>

OK, I intend to take a look at the changes over the weekend.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Wendy,
1.1.0-SNAPSHOT contains the testing-framework enhancement I would like
to use with MyFaces.  Please release this version of Shale.

Paul Spencer

Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2007 8:15 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> as discussed already (here/dev@myfaces.a.o) there will be a move of
>> Shale (or some parts of it),
>> into MyFaces.
>>
>> But, before a thing like that will happen, we should release
>> 1.0.5
>> 1.1.0
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> I'm looking at the 1.0.x branch, trying to get everything into a
> single distribution so that it's easy to release.
>
> I'm not sure about releasing the 1.1 trunk.  It hasn't had a release
> so far, is anyone really using it?

RE: [release] Last release of Shale?

Posted by ma...@accenture.com.
+1

we are using the shale-**-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar. it will be nice to have a
stable release.
i believe in Shale ;-)
Sam

Posted by Kailas Lovlekar <ka...@yahoo.co.uk>.
+1

Wendy Smoak-3 wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2007 8:15 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> as discussed already (here/dev@myfaces.a.o) there will be a move of
>> Shale (or some parts of it), into MyFaces.
>>
>> But, before a thing like that will happen, we should release 1.0.5
>> 1.1.0
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> I'm looking at the 1.0.x branch, trying to get everything into a
> single distribution so that it's easy to release.
>
> I'm not sure about releasing the 1.1 trunk.  It hasn't had a release
> so far, is anyone really using it?
>
> --
> Wendy

08/12/2007 11:59