Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> on 2012/05/16 04:20:12 UTC

[VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.0-alpha-rc1

I've created a release candidate (rc1) for hadoop-2.0.0-alpha that I would like to release.

It is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.0.0-alpha-rc1/

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.

thanks,
Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.0-alpha-rc1

Posted by Matt Foley <mf...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com>.
On 15 May 2012 19:20, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> I've created a release candidate (rc1) for hadoop-2.0.0-alpha that I would
> like to release.
>
> It is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.0.0-alpha-rc1/

+1, ship it

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.0-alpha-rc1

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.
+1. Verified with HDFS and MR validation tests and on a single node cluster.

Posted by Siddharth Seth <se...@gmail.com>.
+1. Installed a small secure cluster and ran a few mapreduce jobs.

Thanks
- Sid

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
+1, downloaded the bits, set up hdfs/mr. Ran wordcount/randomwriter.

thanks
mahadev

Posted by Matt Foley <mf...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao G <ma...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Ahmed Radwan <a....@gmail.com>.
+1 Downloaded the tarball and tested MapReduce and Distributed Shell
jobs on a single node cluster. Everything works fine.

--
Ahmed

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.0-alpha-rc1

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
OK, the fixes to CHANGES.txt and JIRA are complete. Sorry for the mail bomb ;-)

-Todd

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by sanjay Radia <sa...@hortonworks.com>.
+1, downloaded, tried a few things on a one node cluster.

sanjay

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
+1   I kicked the tires on a small cluster.

Thanks,
Eli

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
+1, I also tried it in pseudo-distributed, ran some uber-jobs, etc.

I verified the contents of the -src tarball matched svn (modulo the
license/readme/text files)

The configs in etc/hadoop could do with some improvement, but didn't
seem like a blocker.

Here is my signature for the src tarball:

Thanks
-Todd

Posted by "Tsz Wo (Nicholas), Sze" <s2...@yahoo.com>.
+1 verified all signatures and message digests.
Tsz-Wo

________________________________

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 8:16 AM, Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> +1, src tarball contents look good, builds, and ran some jobs on a single
> node cluster using both built from source and binary.

+1 based on the Bigtop 0.4.0-SNAPSHOT test results.

There were a couple of Mahout failures, that seem to be more
Mahout rather than Hadoop related:
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Test/job/SmokeCluster/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/org.apache.bigtop.itest.mahout.smoke/
I'll follow up with the Mahout community once the artifacts are published.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. Since the vote is still running I'd encourage those who would be interested
in evaluating this RC in conjunction with all the Hadoop ecosystem projects to
install RPM/DEB from our usual Bigtop repositories. E.g here's the one for
CentOS/RHEL 5:
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-Repository/label=centos5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/repo/bigtop.repo
others are available over here:

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.
+1, I downloaded,  installed in a small cluster and ran few mapred jobs and yarn applications. Everything worked fine for me.

Thanks
Devaraj

+1  Downloaded and verified basic sanity.

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.0-alpha-rc1

Posted by Jitendra Pandey <ji...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.0-alpha-rc1

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.