Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Johannes Schaback <jo...@visual-meta.com> on 2009/10/05 09:44:17 UTC

PhpMyAdmin-like Cassandra Client

Hi everbody,

I was wondering if there exists a Cassandra client that is a bit more
friendly to people that arent as technical enthusiastic as we are? We
are currently using the CLI to peek into Cassandra, but that's a bit
too much to ask for my non-technical colleagues.

Maybe somebody already built a GUI client, or something web based that
goes into the direction of PhpMyAdmin?

Thanks!

Johannes Schaback

PS: fyi, we are currently evaluating Cassandra for <a
href="http://mode.ladenzeile.de">Mode</a> (a larger German fashion
site) for caching and tracking/analytics.

Re: PhpMyAdmin-like Cassandra Client

Posted by Hernan Badenes <he...@gmail.com>.
Johannes,

I had a similar concern and worked on a small browser, on which you
can currently browse and open columns (for our own usage, it has some
features oriented to columns storing JSON data), and do some minimal
updates (inserts/deletes). It is web-based, written on Python. Current
code and discussion is in this issue:
Feel free to throw in your comments, every suggestion is welcome (not
to mention contributions to the code!).

Regards,
Hernan.

--