Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2005/04/11 15:55:25 UTC

Help Getting Started

Hello,

I would like to try and get started using the OJB product. I am on the website, but do not see where to begin. So I downloaded this: db-ojb-1.0.3-bin.zip and extracted it, hoping for some simple webapp example.

Back at the website I tried following the ODGM Tutorial. But it goes nowhere. I created the Products.java class, and then went to the mappings (incomplete) link. And ended up with no information. Kind of a cluster of deadends.

I would like to create a couple of simple tables, a could of simple classes, and see how this works. Can anyone give me a link, or post some examples of tying this together? Maybe I am going down the wrong isle.

Thanks,

Scott K Purcell | Developer | VERTIS |
555 Washington Ave. 4th Floor | St. Louis, MO 63101 |
314.588.0720 Ext:1320 | spurcell@vertisinc.com | http://www.vertisinc.com

Vertis is the premier provider of targeted advertising, media, and
marketing services that drive consumers to marketers more effectively.

Re: Help Getting Started

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@chariotsolutions.com>.
The getting started page is probably the most useful.

http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/getting-started.html

-Brian

Re: Help Getting Started

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
Try the ojb-blank.jar from the same source, it is a blanco
preconfigured project where you only have to add your classes (that
is, for simple projects)
Also related is the "Getting starting" section of the doc:

http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/getting-started.html

Tom