Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Mike Haudenschild <mi...@longsight.com> on 2014/02/19 20:25:46 UTC

LDAP without SSL

I'm attempting to bind VCL to an LDAP server that is NOT using SSL.  Before
I started the configuration process and tried to troubleshoot, I thought I
would ask if this is even supported.

Thanks very much,
Mike

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Mike,

It should be the full DN of the LDAP bind user.

Also, remember that when you are not using SSL, every user's password is
passed between the web server and the LDAP server in clear text.  Make sure
the network between the web server and the ldap server is very secure or you
will be introducing all of those users to the chance of their credentials
being stolen.

Josh

<mi...@longsight.com>wrote:
> [...]
- --
- -------------------------------
Josh Thompson
VCL Developer
North Carolina State University

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by David DeMizio <dd...@ncf.edu>.
Glad you were able to get it working..

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by Mike Haudenschild <mi...@longsight.com>.

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by Mike Haudenschild <mi...@longsight.com>.

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by David DeMizio <dd...@ncf.edu>.

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by David DeMizio <dd...@ncf.edu>.
I had the same issue, look in your conf.php and make sure all the settings
are correct , especially server, binddn, userid and the unityid.

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by Mike Haudenschild <mi...@longsight.com>.
David,

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by António Aragão <aa...@di.uminho.pt>.
I add new attribute to fix this issue. Now it works. :-)

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by António Aragão <aa...@di.uminho.pt>.

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by António Aragão <aa...@di.uminho.pt>.
Josh,

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by António Aragão <aa...@di.uminho.pt>.
I put this:

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by António Aragão <aa...@di.uminho.pt>.
I try it and:

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by António Aragão <aa...@di.uminho.pt>.

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by António Aragão <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josh,

Re: LDAP without SSL

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

> [...]

> >>     I believe it's possible but you will need to make some changes to
> >>     the code in the .htc-inc folders. I had it working before I
> >>     changed over to ldaps. first in authentication.php look for a
> >>     line like $ds = ldap_connect("ldaps://{$auth['server']}/"); and
> >>     then there might be a few others in authmethods/ldapauth.php. so
> >>     just change ldaps:// to ldap://
> >>
> >>     David DeMizio
> >>     /Academic Systems Coordinator/
> >>     Office of Information Technology
> >>     New College of Florida
> >>     Phone: 941-487-4222 | Fax: 941-487-4356
> >>     www.ncf.edu <http://www.ncf.edu/>
> >>

> >>     On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 2:25 PM, Mike Haudenschild
> >>
> >>     <mike@longsight.com <ma...@longsight.com>> wrote:
> >>         I'm attempting to bind VCL to an LDAP server that is NOT
> >>         using SSL.  Before I started the configuration process and
> >>         tried to troubleshoot, I thought I would ask if this is even

- --
- -------------------------------

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: LDAP without SSL