Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2004/06/11 02:38:42 UTC

Re: Works! RE: 2nd inquiry: how to - programmatically - authenticate oneself as Tomcat manager?

At 12:25 PM 6/10/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Jerry Miernik wrote:
>
>>   This works! How did you come to know that?
>>   Is there a doc I should have read to know?
>
>Well, strictly speaking, if you read the doc you'll know that's
>not a legal URL :-)

Yep, but it has worked with every server I've ever used it with.  Maybe it
is one of those things that became a standard despite the spec, kind of
like the innerHTML property of the MS DOM, now supported by Mozilla (not
sure about Opera?) even though it is nowhere in the DOM spec.

Jake