Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2002/10/14 22:10:14 UTC

Apache::Clean mod_perl 2.0 port

hi all...

   I had a few moments so I've started to port Apache::Clean over to
mod_perl 2.0.  it's far from complete, and I haven't examined all the
issues with proper caching headers yet, but you can find the work in
progress here:

http://www.modperlcookbook.org/~geoff/modules/experimental/Apache-Clean-2.00b.tar.gz

it's _very_ alpha, so if you have problems, well, consider it an
invitation to polish your debugging skills :)  I'll be playing with it
on and off, though, so feel free to contact me directly about it.

the only real issue I noticed is that the 1.3 Apache::Filter and
mod_perl 2.0 Apache::Filter don't seem to play nice with PerlModule
Apache2, but it could have been something in my setup.  I ended up
needing to uninstall Ken's old Apache::Filter to make the test suite work.

anyway, as I said it's a work in progress, but for those of you who
want to play around with the 2.0 API and haven't yet (like me)
Apache::Clean is itself a PerlOutputFilterHandler, and the
distribution includes a (brief) example of SetHandler modperl and the
Apache::Test test suite.

have fun.

--Geoff