Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by pieter <pi...@atos.net> on 2011/07/20 15:45:14 UTC

Error page recipe not working anymore after update to t5.2.6

Dear,

after updating project from 5.1.0.5 to version 5.2.6, i noticed that the
error page show/handling solution on
http://tapestry.apache.org/error-page-recipe.html  is not working anymore.
I never receive the error, i always see an existing page (but it's not the
page i requested since that one does not exist, but i see homepage or test
when i do ....test/error).

Is this solution broken due to new version, or do i have to change
something?

Thanks !

Re: Error page recipe not working anymore after update to t5.2.6

Posted by pieter <pi...@atos.net>.
nillehammer wrote:

> I think, in the version you updated from there was no index page but still
> the start page mechanism.

No i commented it out in my AppModule ...

Re: Error page recipe not working anymore after update to t5.2.6

Posted by nillehammer <ta...@winfonet.eu>.

-----
http://www.winfonet.eu

Re: Error page recipe not working anymore after update to t5.2.6

Posted by pieter <pi...@atos.net>.
Ok,

but something must have broken this solution, since it was working before
updating to latest version.
Anybody who has an idea what caused it?

Re: Error page recipe not working anymore after update to t5.2.6

Posted by nillehammer <ta...@winfonet.eu>.
Hi Pieter,

I think, what happens is that Tapestry handles the name of the non-existent
page as activation context to the page that is actually displayed (probably
your Index-Page).

>or do i have to change something?
In a single page you could implement onActivate(String context) and redirect
to 404 yourself. If this botheres you on several pages you could implement a
Filter or Dispatcher.

Cheers nillehammer

-----
http://www.winfonet.eu