Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ganesh <em...@yahoo.co.in> on 2010/12/02 08:17:00 UTC

Restrict access to localhost

Hello all,

1)
I want to restrict access to Solr only in localhost. How to acheive that?

2)
If i want to allow the clients to search but not to delete? How to restric the access?

Any thoughts?

Regards
Ganesh.

Re: Restrict access to localhost

Posted by Tom <sp...@gmail.com>.
If you are using another app to create the index, I think you can remove the
update servlet mapping in the web.xml.

Re: Restrict access to localhost

Posted by Peter Karich <pe...@yahoo.de>.
  for 1) use the tomcat configuration in conf/server.xml <Connector
address="127.0.0.1" port="8080" ...
for 2) if they have direct access to solr either insert a middleware
layer or create a write lock ;-)

--
http://jetwick.com twitter search prototype