Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2018/12/13 11:53:13 UTC

Draft: Retiring Jena modules.

Draft for users@

Hi Jena users,

The project team is looking at retiring some lesser used modules.

In the next release, modules:

   jena-fuseki1
   jena-csv

will not be part of the release and there won't be maven artifacts.
There haven't been any changes to these modules and the code will be
available from git history.

Beyond that we are looking at the status of:

   jena-spatial - to be replaced by a GeoSPARQL implemenetation
   jena-sdb
   jena-maven-tools - moving command line schemagen to jena-cmds.

We're looking for feedback so please let us know if you use these
modules from a recent version of Jena.

     Andy
     on behalf of the Jena dev team.

Re: Draft: Retiring Jena modules.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
For the message going out the focus is removing the modules, especially
the ones going first.

If anyone asks we can point to it and it's not likely in 3.10.0.
And we can have a GeoSPARQL announcement specifically.

     Andy

Posted by ajs6f <aj...@apache.org>.