Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2013/04/07 16:46:48 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache PDFBox 1.8.1

Hi,

a candidate for the PDFBox 1.8.1 release is available at:

     http://people.apache.org/~lehmi/pdfbox/1.8.1/

The release candidate is a zip archive of the sources in:

     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pdfbox/tags/1.8.1/

The SHA1 checksum of the archive is 2b8bb4b3df4d5e84072cd4202acc87e09c95ba1a.

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache PDFBox 1.8.1.
The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PDFBox PMC votes are cast.

     [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache PDFBox 1.8.1

Here is my +1

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache PDFBox 1.8.1

Posted by Leleu Eric <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1
Isartor Test suite and my own test suite have succeeded

BR,
Eric

Posted by Thomas Chojecki <in...@rayman2200.de>.

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

IMHO Timo's comment makes perfect sense. On the other hand wo the patch the objects were not read at all which is also not inline with the expectations. Obviously not reading a potentially malformed object will hide the error. I think a lot of the changes we are doing where new objects are read or are read in a different way will have the potential of 'breaking' previously running applications. We can only make sure that our tests pass not that all pdfs around are handled.

From a versioning point a patch release fixes a bug so 1.8.1 is fine for that. Incrementing a minor release means there is new functionality wo breaking backwards compatibility. Incrementing a major release means there is no full backwards compatibility. So if we consider that the change breaks backwards compatibility we need to increment to 2.0.

I'm +1 to release as 1.8.1 and not mention possible implications. Doing that now would mean we have to do consider doing it always.

Maruan Sahyoun

Posted by Timo Boehme <ti...@ontochem.com>.
Hi,

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache PDFBox 1.8.1

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 07.04.2013 16:46, schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache PDFBox 1.8.1.

The vote passes as follows:

    +1 Andreas Lehmkühler (*)
    +1 Dave Meikle
    +1 Eric Leleu (*)
    +1 Maruan Sahyoun (*)
    +1 Thomas Chojecki (*)
    +1 Timo Boehme (*)

(*) binding votes

Thanks for your help and support!! I'll push the release out.

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
+1

thanks Andreas for doing another release so quickly after 1.8.0 and to everyone providing patches and contributions. 1.8.1 has yet another set of important changes.

Maruan Sahyoun

Posted by Dave Meikle <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 7 Apr 2013, at 15:46, Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> wrote:

>    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache PDFBox 1.8.1
>    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...

+1 to release this package.

Sigs all OK, personal test-set all works and with a wee tweak to the Tika PDFParser to cater for updates to the generic types in the API (we use 1.7.1) all the Tika tests pass too.

Cheers,
Dave