Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leo McAlinden <le...@openwave.com> on 2012/06/21 13:36:47 UTC

testing for Apache Traffic Server RFC 2616 compliance

Hi,

I'm just new to ATS. How does ATS verify compliance with RFC 2616?

I see these unit tests in the source:

#find ./* -name "*test_*"

./example/thread-pool/test/SDKTest/SDKtest_server.config
./iocore/hostdb/test_P_HostDB.cc
./iocore/hostdb/test_I_HostDB.cc
./iocore/cluster/test_I_Cluster.cc
./iocore/cluster/test_P_Cluster.cc
./iocore/eventsystem/test_P_Event.cc
./iocore/eventsystem/test_I_Buffer.cc
./iocore/eventsystem/test_P_Buffer.cc
./iocore/eventsystem/test_Buffer.cc
./iocore/eventsystem/test_I_Event.cc
./iocore/eventsystem/test_Event.i
./iocore/dns/test_P_DNS.cc
./iocore/dns/test_I_DNS.cc
./iocore/aio/test_P_AIO.cc
./iocore/aio/test_AIO.i
./iocore/aio/test_I_AIO.cc
./iocore/net/test_I_Net.cc
./iocore/net/test_P_Net.cc
./iocore/net/test_I_UDPNet.cc
./iocore/net/test_P_UDPNet.cc
./iocore/net/test_I_simple_proxy.cc
./lib/ts/test_Vec.cc
./lib/ts/test_strings.cc
./lib/ts/test_Map.cc
./lib/ts/test_memchr.cc
./lib/ts/test_arena.cc
./lib/ts/test_atomic.cc
./lib/ts/test_List.cc
./lib/ts/test_freelist.cc
./lib/ts/.deps/test_List.Po
./lib/ts/.deps/test_Map.Po
./lib/ts/.deps/test_freelist.Po
./lib/ts/.deps/test_atomic.Po
./lib/ts/.deps/test_arena.Po
./lib/ts/.deps/test_Vec.Po
./lib/records/test_I_RecProcess.cc
./lib/records/test_RecordsConfig.cc
./lib/records/test_records.config
./lib/records/test_P_RecProcess.cc
./lib/records/test_RecProcess.i
./lib/records/test_I_RecLocal.cc
./lib/records/test_RecordsConfig.h
./lib/records/test_RecTree.cc
./proxy/test_xml_parser.cc
./proxy/hdrs/test_urlhash.cc
./proxy/hdrs/test_header.cc
./proxy/http/test_socket_close.cc
./proxy/http/test_proxy.pl
./proxy/http/test_http_client.pl
./proxy/.deps/test_xml_parser.Po

Which of these if any are used for RFC 2616 testing?

#find ./* -name "*test_*" | xargs -t -i egrep -i '(rfc|2616)' {}    .....returns nothing!

Thanks,
Leo

Re: testing for Apache Traffic Server RFC 2616 compliance

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 6/21/12 5:36 AM, Leo McAlinden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just new to ATS. How does ATS verify compliance with RFC 2616?
>
> I see these unit tests in the source:

We run Co-Advisor, but we probably need to do some work in this area.
Ideally, we'd have Co-Advisor as part of our CI system, but it's a bit
problematic to get that. Maybe this would be something for HTTPD, ATS
and other HTTP projects to get together on, and see if we can host a
Co-Advisor instance on-prem, and integrate with out CI systems?

-- Leif

Re: testing for Apache Traffic Server RFC 2616 compliance

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.