Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2019/05/27 21:32:45 UTC

Improved format in Royale Docs

Hi!,

this days I've been working in getting Royale Docs to look better. For
example here you can see most of the work for a normal page like Hello
World:

https://apache.github.io/royale-docs/get-started/hello-world.html

A template that can be replicated on the rest of components can be seen
here, for Jewel Alert as the first one to use

https://apache.github.io/royale-docs/component-sets/jewel/jewel-alert.html

(Notice that links to reference are wrong since I could not yet add Jewel
classes to the reference. Any help on this would be very appreciated.)

This is a first draft, and should continue evolving. Any comment and
suggestion is welcome.

One more thing: I'm seeing some pages duplicated in website and in docs.
For example the above Hello-World can be useful, but other like
"Downloads", I think is not good to have both. For me Downloads should be
part of website, not part of docs.

Thanks!

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Improved format in Royale Docs

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I just added facebook and twitter meta tags to make docs look good when
shared on social media networks

One important thing here is that we need to add "description" on every page
as a preview of the content. Example here:

https://github.com/apache/royale-docs/blob/master/component-sets/jewel/jewel-alert.md

This one (Jewel Alert) can be use as template for other components. As I
asked before, if you want to discuss something about this let me know,
maybe you see something I didn't see and want to add/modify whatever is
proposed in this page. I consider it almost finished, but is a first
version and always we can improve to make it better.

Other things I did this days was:

* Refactor all files and names to convention (lowercase and separation with
"-")

* I tried to improve as well AS3 and MXML highlight code to make examples
look good

remare to use
```as3

and

```mxml

in markdown

* And added a "Edit page" link to GitHub at the end of the template to make
it easy to edit that page. This open the link in GitHub in edit mode.

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira