Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2002/11/12 19:41:48 UTC

building httpd-docs-2.0

um, i've missed something i guess.  now that the build
script has moved, how does it get invoked?  what assumptions
does it make about locations?

Re: building httpd-docs-2.0

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Joshua Slive wrote:

> See:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/docsformat.html

ah!  thanks!

Re: building httpd-docs-2.0

Posted by Tim Gerundt <ti...@gerundt.de>.
* Hiroaki KAWAI wrote:

>>It may be because of the difference of the implementation of javac.
>>Do you use sun javac?

Yes, this is my problem! ;)
I use Cygwin as UNIX environment and use from there my Windows javac.
No wonder that this not work! *fg*
Either i install javac under Cygwin or i keep useing my script version.

Thanks!

*ww*

Tim

Re: building httpd-docs-2.0

Posted by Hiroaki KAWAI <ha...@bcl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>.
"Tim Gerundt" <ti...@gerundt.de> wrote:

> btw: I've got a question about the "build.sh".
>
> I use Cygwin under Windows 98 to build the docs.
> When i use the original script, it produces an error because he don't find
> the libs:
> org/apache/tools/ant/Main
>
> But when i change the line: CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:"$i"
> to: CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH";$i"
> it works fine!
>
> So, is this a bug from the script or from my Cygwin resp. my Win98?

It may be because of the difference of the implementation of javac.
Do you use sun javac?
see:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/tooldocs/linux/java.html
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/tooldocs/windows/java.html
The two javac understands different separators in classpath switch
arguments, semicolon on linux and colon on windows.

So, it may not because of Cygwin nor Windows, I guess. ;-)

Hiroaki Kawai
Department of Complexity Science and Engineering,
 The University of Tokyo
http://www.bcl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
mailto:hawk@bcl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp

Re: building httpd-docs-2.0

Posted by Tim Gerundt <ti...@gerundt.de>.

Re: building httpd-docs-2.0

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> um, i've missed something i guess.  now that the build
> script has moved, how does it get invoked?  what assumptions
> does it make about locations?

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/docsformat.html

I think it assumes, at minimum, that the build.sh and build.xml live in a
subdirectory of manual and that the libs live in a subdirectory under
them.

Joshua.