Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by declan kelly <de...@yahoo.com> on 2001/01/11 10:54:56 UTC

Re: Antwort: Cocoon Error - Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

Hi,

Just wondering do you have turbine.jar (or whatever it
is called) in your Tomcat lib directory. If not, put
it in there and try again.

Regards

--- Heiko.Borcherding@dvg.de wrote:
> I 've the same Problem with WIN98, Apache, Tomcat
> and Cocoon 1.8.
> The following I found in the Cocoon FAQ, but ist not
> very helpful, because I
> have no 'old version'...
> "This is probably due to incompatibilities between
> the cocoon.properties
> configuration files in the old version and the
>   new one. Since Cocoon is a very modular framework
> and its architecture is not
> yet stable, we always suggest that you
>   replace your old configuration file with the new
> one shipped with the new
> release.
>   We are working to make sure that this won't be
> required any more in the
> Cocoon2 generation. For now, we apologize
>    for the inconvenience. "
> Is there any chance for a workaround?
>
> Thanks and all z best
> heiko borcherding
>

> I'm running Linux,Apache,Tomcat,Cocoon.  When I
> attempt to look at the
> examples at
> http://<server-path>cocoon/servlets/index.xml, I am
> getting this
> error:

> Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
> org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor: make
> sure the needed classes
> can be found in the classpath

(org/apache/turbine/services/resources/TurbineResourceService)
>      at

org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:114)
>      at

org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Router.java:80)
>      at

org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:101)
>      at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Engine.java:171)
>      at

org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:218)
>      at
> org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:141)
>      at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317)
>      at

org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java:215)
>      at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:296)
>      at

org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:254)
>      at

>      at

> 7)
>      at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)

http://photos.yahoo.com/