Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by 1gnition <or...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/05 19:00:34 UTC

destinationPathSeparatorPlugin doesn't work as expected

Hello,

We decided to use destinationPathSeparatorPlugin in order to allow dots
inside the segments of our destinations i.e. we want to allow destinations
like this one:
Consumer/foo.bar/VirtualTopic/goo.

When we use destinations with slashes everything works fine, but when we add
the dots inside the segments it doesn't work.
So, for example, this works fine:
Consumer/foo/VirtualTopic/goo

but this doesn't:
Consumer/foo.bar/VirtualTopic/goo

Can you help me solve this problem?

Thanks!

Re: destinationPathSeparatorPlugin doesn't work as expected

Posted by 1gnition <or...@gmail.com>.
Okay, I delved into the source code a bit  here
<https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/20f384ce59b758a0f3c1b0e0620e2efd58ca230a/activemq-broker/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/util/DestinationPathSeparatorBroker.java>
and  here
<https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/20f384ce59b758a0f3c1b0e0620e2efd58ca230a/activemq-client/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/filter/DestinationPath.java>
and I indeed found out that it does not support dots inside the segments. It
merely converts the user defined separators to dots, so it ends confusing
separating dots to other dots. I guess we'll have to work around this. I am
certainly looking forward for such support in the future. It also may be a
good idea to document what is considered a valid name in virtual
destinations to prevent future confusions as mine.