Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by pramod <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2001/02/02 14:37:48 UTC

config/7178: Websphere administrative server not starting

>Number:         7178
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Websphere administrative server not starting
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious

We are trying to install IBM Websphere advanced edition

3.0 on Redhat Linux 6.2 version.
We are having oracle8 as database on some other server.
We have loaded jdk118.
We were able to install IBM HTTP server 1.3.6-12.
When we tried to start administrative server we are

getting the following message in tracefile
"JORB0072 :Port9000 in use.specify different port

number"
We had stopped samba server which was runing on port

9000 and again given the comand "startupserver".Even

then we are getting the same message.
Where to specify different port number for

administrative server.

How can we overcome this particular problem.
Please give us your valuable sugestion.

 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]