Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Sara Mahoney <sr...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/25 13:39:10 UTC

New feature…?

Um, ummm….*bashfully*
Is there perchance a feature that would let me type on what looks like.
lined paper? You know, like paper with those light-blue to bluish-purple
lines with the pink lines in the margins? Like a template of this?
I tried yesterday to replicate a sheet of loose leaf thinking that maybe I
could type on it or in it (with a text box)…alas, my plan didn’t work 🥲

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: New feature…?

Posted by Sara Mahoney <sr...@gmail.com>.
I will try it - I honestly used to suck at using it by hand lol haha 😂
because I would accidentally tear (rip) it a lot, and ruin the holes
….These templates might be intriguing because I was never taught to use a
template like these☺️ I want to teach myself something for a change 😊

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: New feature…?

Posted by Sara Mahoney <sr...@gmail.com>.
<< But why do you need lined paper? OpenOffice Writer handles lines
automatically.>>

I know it does…. But I just wanted to try something new and unique….to
create even more realistic options 👌🏻

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: New feature…?

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sat, 25 Mar 2023 09:39:10 -0400
Sara Mahoney <sr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Um, ummm….*bashfully*
> Is there perchance a feature that would let me type on what looks like.
> lined paper? You know, like paper with those light-blue to bluish-purple
> lines with the pink lines in the margins? Like a template of this?
> I tried yesterday to replicate a sheet of loose leaf thinking that maybe I
> could type on it or in it (with a text box)…alas, my plan didn’t work 🥲

You might try this template (I haven't examined or tried it)

https://templates.openoffice.org/en/template/sample-lined-paper

<of...@iol.ie>

Re: New feature…?

Posted by "W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof." <ro...@mcgill.ca>.
Sara -

Perhaps the instructions at http://audilab.bme.mcgill.ca/~funnell/swil_ooo.html#image_background would help?

- Robert

________________________________

Re: New feature…?

Posted by Amin Jack Pędziwiater <aj...@gmail.com>.
Expected rain about 16.

{something as a 'correction' to my previous message , apologies }Re: New feature…?

Posted by "Paolo A. Rismondo" <pa...@gmail.com>.

www.avg.com

Re: New feature…?

Posted by "Paolo A. Rismondo" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

It is really funny (or perhaps is frustrating) to discover that 'young'
people want, instead of a really 'new' thing, something that recall me

Re: New feature…?

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Amin Jack Pędziwiater wrote:
> Expected rain about 16.
>
> On Sat, Mar 25, 2023, 15:27 Sara Mahoney <sr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Um, ummm….*bashfully*
>> Is there perchance a feature that would let me type on what looks like.
>> lined paper? You know, like paper with those light-blue to bluish-purple
>> lines with the pink lines in the margins? Like a template of this?
>> I tried yesterday to replicate a sheet of loose leaf thinking that maybe I
>> could type on it or in it (with a text box)…alas, my plan didn’t work 🥲
>>

>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile
>>
> Your reply does nothing to add to the discussion of

Your reply does nothing to add to the discussion of Sara's question and
is not appropriate. I would refer you the Conduct Guidlines at
https://openoffice.apache.org/list-conduct.html