Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ti...@adinet.com.uy on 2003/09/17 22:33:50 UTC

classes

Hi,

I am using apache tomcat 4.1.27, with apache soap.

For the services that I am implementing, I need some classes of others aplications.
I try to put the corresponding .jars files in the WEB-INF/lib directory
of soap, and it works fine, but I would like to know if I could just add
the classpath of these jars (to not have them duplicated), and, in that
case, where and how could I do it.

Thanks very much,

Tizo

Asunto: Re: Asunto: Re: classes

Posted by ti...@adinet.com.uy.
Christopher,

Yes, I know about common and shared directories. I just wanted to have jars
in external directories, but if I have to hand-edit the startup script (catalina.sh),
I prefer copy the jars in the WEB-INF/lib directory.

Anyway Christopher, thanks very much, now I know what I had to do, and maybe
I try editing the script, but later in time.

Thanks very much

Re: Asunto: Re: classes

Posted by "Christopher St. John" <ck...@distributopia.com>.

Re: Asunto: Re: classes

Posted by "Christopher St. John" <ck...@distributopia.com>.
tizo@adinet.com.uy wrote:

> I had just read that link (class loader how to), and I understand it, but
> I would like to know, if I could set the classpath to point classes in other
> directory (neither in tomcat, nor in soap), and where and how could I do
> that.

  Tomcat 4 ignores your CLASSPATH on purpose. You can hand-edit
the startup scripts (check out catalina/catalina.bat) and add
things back in. Make sure you understand the consequences, though,
because you can run into some very confusing classloader problems
if you get it wrong.

  I think you said you already knew this, but just in case, you
know about the "common" and "shared" directories, right? That
may be a better solution, since you can put the jars common
to your webapps in "shared" and not have to put them in each
webapp's "WEB-INF/lib" directory, without having to hack the
tomcat startup scripts.

-cks

Asunto: Re: classes

Posted by ti...@adinet.com.uy.
I had just read that link (class loader how to), and I understand it, but
I would like to know, if I could set the classpath to point classes in other
directory (neither in tomcat, nor in soap), and where and how could I do
that.

Thanks very much,

Tizo

P.D: putting jars files in WEB-INF/lib directory of soap works fine, but
I would like to know if I could have these jars in other place.

Posted by ti...@adinet.com.uy.

Re: classes

Posted by "Christopher St. John" <ck...@distributopia.com>.

Re: classes