Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nalini Belaramani <na...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/03 08:00:44 UTC

Fwd: Jikes rvm and tomcat

Hi all,

I am having problems trying to run tomcat with jikes rvm

Here is the setup i am using.

jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27
jikesrvm 2.3.3
gnu classpath 0.10
jikes 1.18

In tomcat, i have changed the _RUNJAVA variable in set_classpath.sh file
_RUNJAVA variable.  _RUNJAVA was originally set to "java" executable
in the j2sdk, i have changed it to the jikesrvm executable i.e.
rvmRoot/rvm/bin/rvm

However, now i am experiencing problems with jmx.  According to the
error message, due to the licensing requirements, i need to download
jmx 1.2 implementation and replace it in the $catalina_home/bin
directory.
I downloaded the sun implementation and replaced the jmx.jar file in
the $catalina_home/bin directory with the jmxri.jar of the sun
implementation and renamed it as well.   But i still get the same error message.

I would really appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Wish you a happy  new year

Nalini