Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Divakar Satyanarayan <Di...@igate.com> on 2004/08/16 08:18:20 UTC

Action Servlet not getting called.

Hi All,
I have added following action mapping to struts-config.xml for a page.

In <action-Mappings>
-----------------------
<action path="/Summary"
      type="mascot.workqueue.action. SummaryAction"
      name="SummaryForm"
      scope="request">
                  <forward  name="forwardJsp"
path="/jsp/Summary.jsp"/>
</action>

In <form-beans>
----------------
<form-bean name="SummaryForm" type="mascot.workqueue.form.SummaryForm"/>

The file SummaryAction.java is available in a jar that is in the
classpath before and from this jar other pages are working. The jsp path
is OK and form bean is also in classpath.

When form a link I am calling Summary.do it works fine in my local
server.

I uploaded all codes to other server with same application config. The
above link does not call SummaryAction.java . There is some sop inside
this java file at the beginning, that too not getting called . I tried
whole two days but not getting a clue.

The Apache log is getting the request. Log message is below

172.21.4.101 - - [16/Aug/2004:00:42:40 -0400] "GET
/credit/oc4j/CalmsWebApp/Summary.do?iAppId=172199 HTTP/1.1" 200 0 "-"
"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

But it never calls the action file . what can go wrong ?

Will be great to hear from you.

Thanks in Advance.

Divakar Satyanarayan

Information transmitted by this EMAIL is proprietary to iGATE Group of Companies and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this EMAIL immediately notify the sender at iGATE or mailadmin@igate.com and delete this EMAIL including any attachments.

Re: Action Servlet not getting called.

Posted by Navjot Singh <na...@net4india.net>.
what does tomcat log returned?
does it throw error or a blank page?

is it because of space after this dot?

      type="mascot.workqueue.action. SummaryAction"

regards
Navjot Singh