Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/08 20:06:56 UTC

[Maven reorg - Tools] WebappUberspector two versions

Hi all
I noticed that, under the tools trunk, there are two files:
WebappUberspector.java.velocity-1.x
WebappUberspector.java.velocity-2.x
I would like to leave the 1.x version as a normal .java file in the
main "view" module and create another module that has the 2.x, along
with a modified version of tools.xml.
This operation is to create an additional jar file that must be
deployed if Velocity 2.x is used. A clear documentation on how to use
the alternative velocity.properties file should be provided.
This way, a conditional compilation is not needed.

WDYT?

Thanks
Antonio

Re: [Maven reorg - Tools] WebappUberspector two versions

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
As long as we don't duplicate source files further than the
WebappUberspector itself, I'm fine with having another tools-view jar
for engine 2.x.

   Claude

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.