Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Sam Wang <sw...@motive.com> on 2000/11/14 23:05:04 UTC

Ajpv13 protocol

Is there a RFC on Ajp protocol? Or any documentation at all?

-Sam

Re: Ajpv13 protocol

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.
> Is there a separate mod_jk list?
>
> I've posted a severe bug for ajp13, and I would like to contribute, but I
> don't see a TODO for mod_jk or much discussion on plans for mod_jk and
> related containers.

That's because right now ( AFAIK ) there is no imediate plan for mod_jk.

It works well enough ( IMHO ), and future enhancements will be made only
if anyone will volunteer to do so. I am willing and interested to help ,
but I'll not start or drive this.

A possible TODO list:

1. Callbacks - allow tomcat to use more of the servers features,
like authentication, sub-requests, etc - including configuration

2. Performance - do not send the full request, most of the time only few
headers are used and if all are needed we can make a callback. Also, the
request is already parsed by Apache/IIS/NES, so we can skip this on
tomcat.

3. More work on "in-process/JNI" mode - there is a lot of un-exploited
speed and features out there, including the integration of Interceptors
and server Modules/filters/SAFs. ( that's on my todo list for >1 year, but
I never had the time to start :-(

4. Integration with mod_warp ( when ready ) - mod_warp will add a lot of
new features, and we must find a way to either join the 2 modules. For
example, mod_jk has support for many web servers, and mod_wrap will
support automatic configuration - it would be great if we could merge
them.

If you are interested in helping with mod_jk - I'm sure you'll have your
own preferences - let us know, send code, drive this !

Costin

Re: Ajpv13 protocol

Posted by kenneth topp <ca...@prodigy.net>.
Is there a separate mod_jk list?

I've posted a severe bug for ajp13, and I would like to contribute, but I
don't see a TODO for mod_jk or much discussion on plans for mod_jk and
related containers.

Thanks for any information,

Kenneth Topp

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000 cmanolache@yahoo.com wrote:

> > Is there a RFC on Ajp protocol? Or any documentation at all?
>
> No, there are just incremental enhancements and changes to Ajp11 - and I
> would say we might still have some changes and enhancements.
>
> ( there are additional messages that will probably be needed, the current
> stuff is stable and if it can be documented if anyone volunteers to do so,
> but there are few more things planed for ajp13 that are not yet
> implemented. ).
>
> Costin

Re: Ajpv13 protocol

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.