Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "Fu, Yong" <yo...@intel.com> on 2016/06/29 02:21:33 UTC

Avg time of map reduced but the result not become better

Hi guys,
I am running Terasort benchmark on CDH 5.4.3.  I have seen there spilt to 1840 maps and I scheduled 70*20 map container/tasks via yarn, so I think there should have an improvement while scheduling less map tasks(approximately half of # maps, that means all maps should finished in two cycle), but the final result show performance has a bit degradation even I seen the avg time of map reduced from 40s to 30s. Why?