Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/16 16:21:27 UTC

Re: Apache Maven distribution with fixes

And thus, what's new ???
3.0.4 is again lost somewhere ...
Mark did you have the opportunity to work on the fix you wanted to ?

Arnaud

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
ok, thus we loose again some time for nothing.
Thus now that Aether and Sisu will be published soon from Eclipse.org with
EPL license we need to launch a vote to validate their inclusion ?
http://maven.apache.org/developers/dependency-policies.html
I will launch the vote. At least we'll be able to see how we'll release
3.0.4 with or without these deps and will be ready to release 3.0.4 at the
end of august if we accept them.

Arnaud

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Aug 16, 2011, at 10:21 AM, Arnaud Héritier wrote:

> And thus, what's new ???
> 3.0.4 is again lost somewhere ...
> Mark did you have the opportunity to work on the fix you wanted to ?

The release is still ready to go. I'm not sure where the vote stands on the EPL licensed 3rd party libraries. I'll let John manage that as the PMC chair.

FWIW, the creation reviews for Aether and Sisu start this week and will conclude next Wednesday at which point Sisu and Aether will be official Eclipse projects. Some people voting were positive contingent upon the libraries being at Eclipse proper. This transfer will be complete next week.

> Arnaud
>

> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hervé

>> Eclipse
>> 7
>>>
>>> Would you consider dual licensing them again so we can just keep moving
>>> forward as we had been? It makes no changes to your plans and reduces the
>>> amount of uncertainty everyone has. It's changed license 3 times in the
>>> last year, one more won't hurt.
>>>
>>> There'd be no hold up if the current release had kept the license that it
>>> had when it was incorporated a year ago, and the 3.0.4 release process
>>> could start straight away.
>>>
>>> - Brett
>>>
>>> --
>>> Brett Porter
>>> brett@apache.org
>>> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
>>> http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

the course of true love never did run smooth ...

 -- Shakespeare

Re: Apache Maven distribution with fixes

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.