Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Mindy Pereira <Mi...@appiancorp.com> on 2004/06/17 17:38:30 UTC

Unable to get persistence broker: application just stops

Hello,
 I am using ojb RC5 to do a call I have made in many other applications,
however, I seem to be unable to get a persistence broker:

	public static Collection getCollection(Query q) throws
DNSException{

		PersistenceBroker broker = null;
		Collection c = null;
		try{
			System.out.println("GETTING THE COLLECTION");
			broker =
PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker();
			System.out.println("GOT THE BROKER");
			c =  broker.getCollectionByQuery(q);
			System.out.println("GOT THE COLLECTION");
		}catch(Exception e){
			LogUtils.logError(":"+e);
			System.out.println("got some exception");
			e.printStackTrace();
			if (broker != null) broker.close();
			throw new DNSException("error.database");
		}finally{
			//System.out.println("CLOSING THE BROKER");
			if (broker != null) broker.close();
		}
		return c;
	}

I receive no error messages or exceptions. The program simply stops
after printing out "GETTING THE COLLECTION".
Can anyone offer advice?