Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bob Rossi <ba...@vectorcast.com> on 2008/09/10 21:16:34 UTC

Modifying default log message users are presented with.

Hi,

I would like to modify the default log message that users are provided with.
Basically, I want users to see this by default,

SOME_DATA:
--This line, and those below, will be ignored--

This way, I can provide the fields that they need to fill out in order
to pass my
pre-commit log parser. As it is now, if they forget the fields, the
commit fails
with a message why. It would be much easier if I could give them this visual
reminder that they have to fill out the data.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi

Re: Modifying default log message users are presented with.

Posted by Vincent Lefevre <vi...@vinc17.org>.
On 2008-09-11 02:32:58 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2008-09-10 17:16:34 -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> > I would like to modify the default log message that users are provided with.
> > Basically, I want users to see this by default,
> >
> > SOME_DATA:
> > --This line, and those below, will be ignored--
>
> You can tell your users to use some wrapper script that would modify
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> the file provided as the first argument.

I meant that such a wrapper script would be used in place of the editor.
After modifying the file, the script would execute the editor.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vi...@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>

Re: Modifying default log message users are presented with.

Posted by Vincent Lefevre <vi...@vinc17.org>.

Posted by prakash tiwary <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
   You need to write wrapper as SVN does not support template (like CVS).
So, you can write shell/python script to do so.

Regards
Prakash