Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/25 12:50:21 UTC

Tomcat and filesystems

Hi all,

Doing some tests I realized two things:

* tomcat still uses File a lot (thinking to default servlet stack)
* tomcat does not uses FileSystem abstraction and previous point would only
makes sense with this addition

What about a (nio) Fileystem/Path based implementation of WebResourceSet?
It would enable to not only rely on local filesystem but also more exotic
ones (in mem for ex).
Was it already discussed/studied? Would it makes sense in tomcat codebase?

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: Tomcat and filesystems

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
If it helps, here is a draft: https://github.com/apache/tomcat/pull/630