Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mrw <mi...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/11 22:10:37 UTC

Result docs missing only when shards parameter present in query?

We have two Solr nodes, each with multiple shards.  If we query each shard
directly (no shards parameter), we get the expected results:

response
   lst name="responseHeader"
       int name="status" 0
       int name="QTime"  222222
   result name="response" numFound="1000000" start="0"
        doc
        doc

(^^^ hand-typed pseudo XML)

However, if we add the shards parameter and even supply one of the above
shards, we get the same number of results, but all the doc elements under
the result element are missing:

response
   lst name="responseHeader"
       int name="status" 0
       int name="QTime"  333333
   result name="response" numFound="1000000" start="0"

(^^^ note missing doc elements)

It doesn't matter which shard is specified in the shards parameter;  if any
or all of the shards are specified after the shards parameter, we see this
behavior.

When we go to http://<server>:8983/solr/  on either node, we see all the
shards properly listed.

So, the shards seem to be registered properly, and work individually, but
not when the shards parameter is supplied.   Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Result docs missing only when shards parameter present in query?

Posted by mrw <mi...@gmail.com>.
Does this seem like it would be a configuration issue, an indexed data
issue, or something else?

Thanks