Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Anton Lindstrom <an...@alley.se> on 2014/10/23 21:41:36 UTC

Changing the cgroups_limit_swap flag to true by default

Hi,

I'd like some feedback on switching the default of cgroups_limit_swap
flag to true in 0.21.0.

Currently we're not limiting swap per default when doing a memory
limit. That means that when swap is available the process could use up
more memory (by swapping) than it's limited to do.

We've solved this by adding the flag cgroups_limit_swap which is
currently set to false by default. By changing this to true it seems
to me that we're doing the sane thing and limiting the memory and
swap. This is what I would expect if I set memory limits.

The cgroups_limit_swap flag is per default false in 0.20.0 but I'd
like to change it to true in 0.21.0.

Is this a valid thing to do or should we wait a bit longer to change
the defaults?

Thanks,
Anton