Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Minh Kama Yie <mi...@nuix.com.au> on 2002/10/28 06:39:53 UTC

Re: Re[2]: howto execute searches like *hello

Hi there,

I was wondering if your code has been committed to cvs in lucene?
I had a quick look and it wasn't?
(I may be mistaken).

If not, do you know when it would likely to be commited?

Thanks for your time.

Minh

Posted by panhenryk <pa...@supermaczo.pl>.
Hello Minh,

Monday, October 28, 2002, 6:39:53 AM, you wrote:

MKY> Hi there,

MKY> I was wondering if your code has been committed to cvs in lucene?
MKY> I had a quick look and it wasn't?
MKY> (I may be mistaken).
You're right - it isn't in the cvs. In fact i didn't think about
submiting it. Reading this group I found Lucene developers didn't
add this feature because it would affect performance (see Otis
Gospodnetic's response to this topic).
I do not fully agree with this, because:
- *hello queries are alredy supported in WildcardQuery, the're not in
the QueryParser.jj
- adding them would make Lucene more flexible (in my case such queries
are necessary)
- there are some features that I found more time-consuming - like
sorting results by date in HitsIterator and SortedField (BTW it's a
very good code, I use it too)
So I didnt' concider submiting it to cvs, but send it to this list.
If I'm wrong and this code would be welcome in the cvs, let me know,
I'll prepare version for 1.3dev nad send it.

     There is another problem I found with *hello queries. In some
cases, my searches don't much words like "hello", so i must modify
queiries to look like "*hello hello". I need some time to check
whether it is my or WildcardQuery bug.

Kuba                            mailto:panhenryk@supermaczo.pl

Je�li jeste� doros�y, zobacz pierwszy polski symulator seksu on-line (film interaktywny): http://www.sexmonika.pl i inne polskie serwisy: http://www.sexpolki.pl  http://www.namax.pl  http://www.polskieorgie.pl   http://www.sexoteka.pl  http://www.twojaklaudia.pl http://www.orientsexpress.pl  http://www.sex18.pl
Za�� darmowe konto email @supermaczo.pl: http://www.supermaczo.pl
Znajd� partnera w serwisie og�osze� towarzyskich: http://www.xparty.pl