Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Noureddine BEKRAR <nb...@rennes.jouve.fr> on 2006/03/02 10:25:05 UTC

Re: Performance graph of the Results Monitor Listener [Resolved]

Thank you Peter,
I followed your advice and i downloaded the Tomcat sources, and that is the results of my investigation:

The class who play the role of status servlet is: org.apache.catalina.manager.StatusManagerServlet

The information sent to JMeter and displayed in the Monitor results listener are in the class : org.apache.catalina.manager.StatusTransformer

in the method :
 public static void writeVMState(PrintWriter writer, int mode)
        throws Exception {

        if (mode == 0){
            ....//This part of the code is not used in the case of the monitor results
        } else if (mode == 1){
            writer.write("<jvm>");
            writer.write("<memory");
            writer.write(" free='" + Runtime.getRuntime().freeMemory() + "'");
            writer.write(" total='" + Runtime.getRuntime().totalMemory() + "'");
            writer.write(" max='" + JdkCompat.getJdkCompat().getMaxMemory() + "'/>");
            writer.write("</jvm>");
        }
You can see here that the data sent by the status servlet are about the memory used by the JVM and not about the physical memory of the server.

Noureddine