Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by pujari Satish <sa...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/28 04:58:39 UTC

Apache drill High availability

Hi Team,

Good Morning. I am trying to do drill high avilability using Haproxy load
balancer.
Is drill supports for high availability ?

please let me know in this.

-Thanks,
Satish

Re: Apache drill High availability

Posted by Hanumath Rao Maduri <ha...@gmail.com>.
Unlike other databases or data engines drill doesn't store data in its own
storage engine. So high availability of the data when using Drill means the
storage engine needs to support high availability.

High availability can also mean that when running a query even though some
of the fragments/ nodes might fail, query needs to succeed. In this
scenario Drill reports an error to the user and expects the user to re-run
the query. On re-running the query again, it might be successful (of-course
depending upon load of the system).

If a node is crashed or not responding then the ZK will not consider the
node during planning stage itself. Hence, no fragments are executed on the
node (and query performance might degrade in this scenario).

Thanks,

Posted by salim achouche <sa...@gmail.com>.