Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Aditya Sharma <ad...@apache.org> on 2022/10/13 06:12:30 UTC

Re: Hadoop HDFS project

Hello Vinay,

Welcome to the Apache ecosystem! Glad to know that you want to contribute
to Apache Hadoop HDFS.

As I am not part of the Apache Hadoop community, I may not be able to help
you with the technical aspect, but I would definitely be able to guide you
on how you could get the help you need.

Here are some of the documents that may help you contribute:

Hadoop Contributor Guide
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/FCFPBQ

How to Contribute to Apache Hadoop
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/iwQwB

Here are the open issues, you could pick from:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-16799?jql=project%20%3D%20HDFS%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC

Mailing list is a primary forum for communication, so if you’d like to
contribute to HDFS please do subscribe to the HDFS developer mailing list.
How to subscribe?
1. Send an empty mail (Subject: Subscribe) to
hdfs-dev-subscribe@hadoop.apache.org
2. You will receive a confirmation mail, just reply to confirm

Feel free to ask your queries on the mailing list.

I am looping in the HDFS developer mailing list, so that anyone from the
community could come forward and help you.

HTH

Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Sharma

Re: Hadoop HDFS project

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@apache.org>.
Hello Vinay,

Yes, you are not subscribed yet, your mail has not reached the mailing list.
https://lists.apache.org/thread/xd0yy0dgf22lxdb4wysc3k0coyhc3wnx

> I sent an email to Subscribe, but i didn't get any response.
Please check All emails or Spam folder. I tried the same and got a response
mail with the title "confirm subscribe to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org".

Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Sharma