Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Trent Rosenbaum <tr...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/16 22:45:06 UTC

[m2] - Where is the plugin-registry.xml file

Hi there,

I have been looking at the Introductory Material for Maven 2 and
started to read the document for the plugin registry found under the
following link:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-plugin-registry.html

I looked in the following locations for the plugin-registry.xml file,
but could not find an instance:

~/.m2/
$M2_HOME/conf/

I started to look on the mailing list and found an email from Luke
Meyer on the 2005-10-31called "Plugin Control".  Within this email the
same question was asked and nobody got back to him.  I remember having
an instance of the plugin-registry.xml in the earlier versions of
maven 2 and then did not think much of it until I started to explore
the other documentation on the website.

I have even looked in the maven-2.0-bin.zip that was downloaded and
there is not a default empty version in there.

Should this file be generated by maven at some point?  Also should
there have been an default version within the current release zip that
is updated after installation?  How would I get this file after a
fresh installation?

Trent

Re: [m2] - Where is the plugin-registry.xml file

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

it's actually still there...lurking. It's on the list to get it all
cleaned up and bug-free for 2.0.1.

They're right about <usePluginRegistry/>, it should enable usage of this
feature, and the file will be in ~/.m2/plugin-registry.xml.

Cheers,

John

Posted by John Tolentino <jo...@mergere.com>.
Hi Trent,

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
thanks for the info, i was looking for same thing!!
 -D

Posted by Trent Rosenbaum <tr...@gmail.com>.