Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Hamza Asad <ha...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/12 15:47:52 UTC

dynamic Partition not splitting properly

i have created table after enabling dynamic partition. i partitioned it on
date but it is not splitting data datewise. Below is the query of table
created and data insert
CREATE TABLE rc_partition_cluster_table(
  id int,
  event_id int,
  user_id BIGINT,
  event_date string,
  intval_1 int )
CLUSTERED BY(id) INTO 256 BUCKETS
ROW FORMAT DELIMITED
 FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','
STORED AS RCFile;

set hive.exec.dynamic.partition=true;
set hive.exec.dynamic.partition.mode=nonstrict;
set hive.exec.max.dynamic.partitions=1000;
set hive.exec.max.dynamic.partitions.pernode=1000;

INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE rc_partition_cluster_table Partition (event_date)
SELECT * FROM events_details;

why it is not working fine?

--
*Muhammad Hamza Asad*

Re: dynamic Partition not splitting properly

Posted by Hamza Asad <ha...@gmail.com>.
Im trying to create partition table (dynamically) from old non partitioned
table. the query is as follow

*INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE new_events_details Partition (event_date) SELECT
id, event_id, user_id, intval_1, intval_2, intval_3, intval_4, intval_5,
intval_6, intval_7, intval_8, intval_9, intval_10, intval_11, intval_12,
intval_13, intval_14, intval_15, intval_16, intval_17, intval_18,
intval_19, intval_20, intval_21, intval_22, intval_23, intval_24,
intval_25, intval_26 , to_date(event_date) FROM events_details;*

After waiting for more then 2 hours, following exceptions raised and
further executions stops

*spark.SparkException: Job failed: ResultTask(0, 1063) failed:
ExceptionFailure(org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException:
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: File
/tmp/hive-hadoop/hive_2013-06-16_15-08-26_985_3160022698353542666/_task_tmp.-ext-10000/event_date=2013-02-22/_tmp.001063_0
could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:1558)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.addBlock(NameNode.java:696)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1388)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1384)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1121)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1382)
)
    at
spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler$$anonfun$abortStage$1.apply(DAGScheduler.scala:529)
    at
spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler$$anonfun$abortStage$1.apply(DAGScheduler.scala:527)
    at
scala.collection.mutable.ResizableArray$class.foreach(ResizableArray.scala:60)
    at scala.collection.mutable.ArrayBuffer.foreach(ArrayBuffer.scala:47)
    at spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler.abortStage(DAGScheduler.scala:527)
    at
spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler.handleTaskCompletion(DAGScheduler.scala:497)
    at spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler.run(DAGScheduler.scala:269)
    at spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler$$anon$1.run(DAGScheduler.scala:90)
FAILED: Execution Error, return code -101 from shark.execution.SparkTask
*
why it giving me exception?

Posted by Hamza Asad <ha...@gmail.com>.
ok .. got it.. Thanx :)

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
thats a wrong query

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: dynamic Partition not splitting properly

Posted by Hamza Asad <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: dynamic Partition not splitting properly

Posted by Hamza Asad <ha...@gmail.com>.
sample row of my data is

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: dynamic Partition not splitting properly

Posted by Hamza Asad <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: dynamic Partition not splitting properly

Posted by Hamza Asad <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: dynamic Partition not splitting properly

Posted by Hamza Asad <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: dynamic Partition not splitting properly

Posted by Hamza Asad <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: dynamic Partition not splitting properly

Posted by Hamza Asad <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar