Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "atuldj.jadhav" <at...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/08 06:05:12 UTC

SOLR keyword search with fq queries

Hi All,I need your help to find a solution to one of the issue I am facing
with the keyword search.We have to provide a keyword search functionality,
on our website i.e. searching of a word will get you all the indexed
documents where a match is found for that word./ (Not specific to any
particular field)/I have achieved this, please find my sample query... i.e.
http://localhost:8983/solr/mywebsite/?q=Java+Servlet&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on
This Works perfectly fine for me (here mywebsite is a request handler I had
to setup to serve different websites)*HOWEVER, To handle localization I had
to setup my request handler with some predefined conditions.*i.e.
language:englishHowever this is getting complicated when I try to search for
a keywords through my request handlers, i.e. Keyword search overwrites my **
conditions, and returns me non English results.Can anyone suggest how to
handle this condition? Can we do keyword search using "fq" query?

Re: SOLR keyword search with fq queries

Posted by Alvaro Cabrerizo <to...@gmail.com>.
Please, check if "defaults", "appends" and "invariants" from
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SearchHandler can solve your problem.

Regards.