Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by nithyavembu <ni...@yahoo.co.in> on 2007/07/24 20:00:36 UTC

Multiple field search with different values..

Hi All,

   I need to know how to form a query using multiple fields which contains
same values?
   I worked with single field and it working well.
        For eg : http://localhost:8085/solr/select?q=sun*&fl=ALL
   when i worked with the above http request it returns all data starting
with the word "sun" in the specified  field "ALL".

  My requirement is
      (FID:8 AND RES_TYPE:0 OR RES_TYPE:1 AND ALL: sun) - I used this format
in lucene. Here FID, RES_TYPE and ALL are field names.
  But i want to know how can i give this same query in http request with
same field and different values using OR operator?

  Thanks.

-Nithya.V.

Re: Multiple field search with different values..

Posted by nithyavembu <ni...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi Ryan,

  Thanks for the reply. I tried with the given query too. But i didnt get
the correct result.

  Eg :
http://localhost:8085/solr/select/?q=ram&q=FSID:8.2723%208.2723&RES_TYPE:1896&fl=ID

  Here FSID, RES_TYPE are field names. I came to know that it is checking
for only the first condition and displaying the records according to
"q=ram". Its not checking for the whole query.

 Eg :
http://localhost:8085/solr/select/?q=FSID:8.2723%208.2723&q=ram&RES_TYPE:1896&fl=ID

 If i use this, it displaying the records according to FSID field and not
checking the second condition.

 Any help, appreciated!

 Thanks in advance.

with Regards,