Posted to user@bookkeeper.apache.org by gabriel russell <ga...@wiccatech.com> on 2012/06/12 07:23:10 UTC

when I run mvn test most of the tests fail in org.apache.bookkeeper.client.BookKeeper.createLedger

I've posted here:

http://wiccatech.com/mvn-test-output.txt

the output of me running

mvn test -Dsurefire.useFile=false

It's very long so I'm not including it in the email, but here is a snippet:

Running org.apache.bookkeeper.client.TestReadTimeout
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.709 sec
<<< FAILURE!
testReadTimeout(org.apache.bookkeeper.client.TestReadTimeout) Time elapsed:
1.5 sec <<< ERROR!
org.apache.bookkeeper.client.BKException$ZKException

at org.apache.bookkeeper.client.BKException.create(BKException.java:64)

at org.apache.bookkeeper.client.BookKeeper.createLedger(BookKeeper.java:324)

at
org.apache.bookkeeper.client.TestReadTimeout.testReadTimeout(TestReadTimeout.java:64)

I'm very new to bookkeeper and am just trying to get it running. I'd
appreciate any hint on figuring out what's wrong.

Thanks

Re: when I run mvn test most of the tests fail in org.apache.bookkeeper.client.BookKeeper.createLedger

Posted by gabriel russell <ga...@wiccatech.com>.
[grussell@centos bookkeeper]$ /sbin/sysctl -n net.ipv6.bindv6only
0

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by gabriel russell <ga...@wiccatech.com>.
Ivan,

This patch has successively allowed tests to pass without me disabling ipv6.

Thank you,
Gabriel

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by gabriel russell <ga...@wiccatech.com>.
I installed it myself from a 6.0 netinstall disk. I've had it around for a
while and upgraded it to 6.1 and then to 6.2.

-Gabriel

Posted by gabriel russell <ga...@wiccatech.com>.
Hi Ivan,

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.
Hi Gabriel,

Posted by gabriel russell <ga...@wiccatech.com>.
Yes. And while my interfaces have both ipv6 and ipv4 addresses, the ipv6
addresses are not actually usable ( with the exception of ::1/128 on the
loopback )

- Gabreil

Posted by gabriel russell <ga...@wiccatech.com>.
My current set of interfaces:

em1       Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 84:2B:2B:FA:E0:31
          inet addr:192.168.6.154  Bcast:192.168.6.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::862b:2bff:fefa:e031/64 Scope:Link
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:714724681 (681.6 MiB)  TX bytes:45910373 (43.7 MiB)
          Interrupt:36 Memory:d6000000-d6012800

em2       Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 84:2B:2B:FA:E0:33
          inet addr:10.11.34.89  Bcast:10.255.255.255  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::862b:2bff:fefa:e033/64 Scope:Link
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:794599927 (757.7 MiB)  TX bytes:39703207 (37.8 MiB)
          Interrupt:48 Memory:d8000000-d8012800

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:1076933522 (1.0 GiB)  TX bytes:1076933522 (1.0 GiB)

Posted by gabriel russell <ga...@wiccatech.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Ivan,

I remembered that a jira has fixed ipv6 issue before.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER-66

is it the same one?

Thanks,
Sijie

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by gabriel russell <ga...@wiccatech.com>.
Yes, here:

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by gabriel russell <ga...@wiccatech.com>.
Yes, two.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by gabriel russell <ga...@wiccatech.com>.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by gabriel russell <ga...@wiccatech.com>.
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm not running a zookeeper ensemble. I shouldn't be right? When I try to
run the bookkeeper tests with a zookeeper running I get lots of
"java.net.BindException: Address already in use" exceptions.

This I'm running this on my development virtualbox virtualmachine.

The problem seams very similar to this problem:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER-156 . I've tried both the
4.0.0 release as well as the current git head. Both of which exhibit the
same symptoms. And I can confirm that the git branch that I'm using
contains the bug fix for the mentioned bug

I couldn't figure out how to provide a log4j.properties to the tests, but I
don't really know for sure that better logging output will reveal anything
useful or now. If someone points me in the right direction, I'll provide an
output containing debugging logs.

Here, I've gathered the stats that I thought could be useful.

[grussell@centos bookkeeper]$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_22"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.10.6)
(rhel-1.43.1.10.6.el6_2-x86_64)

[grussell@centos bookkeeper]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 6.2 (Final)

[grussell@centos bookkeeper]$ uname -a
Linux centos 2.6.32-220.17.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed May 16 00:01:37 BST 2012
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

[grussell@centos bookkeeper]$ telnet localhost 2181
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused

[grussell@centos bookkeeper]$ ss -l -n
Recv-Q Send-Q           Local Address:Port             Peer Address:Port
0      20                           *:587                         *:*
0      20                          :::587                        :::*
0      128                         :::111                        :::*
0      128                          *:111                         *:*
0      20                           *:465                         *:*
0      20                          :::465                        :::*
0      128                         :::22                         :::*
0      128                          *:22                          *:*
0      128                  127.0.0.1:631                         *:*
0      128                        ::1:631                        :::*
0      20                           *:25                          *:*
0      20                          :::25                         :::*

[grussell@centos bookkeeper]$ top
top - 08:36:46 up 55 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
Tasks: 197 total,   1 running, 196 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
Cpu(s):  0.6%us,  0.9%sy,  0.0%ni, 98.5%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%
Mem:   3922920k total,   651612k used,  3271308k free,    70612k buffers
Swap:  2064376k total,        0k used,  2064376k free,   220140k cached

Thank you,
Gabriel Russell

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.