Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <rm...@adobe.com> on 2013/01/31 17:39:31 UTC

Writing a Java 6-only integration test

Hi,

I've noticed that JAXB marshaling works out of the box, given that the proper framework extension bundles are available. Since IIUC this has been a tricky issue, I'd like to make sure that we keep this functionality working, by creating an integration test.

I wanted to add it to org.apache.sling.launchpad.test-services, but that project requires Java 1.5, and JAXB and its annotations are only present in Java 1.6 and later. What would be the best way to set up a Java 1.6-only integration test?

Robert

RE: Writing a Java 6-only integration test

Posted by Robert Munteanu <rm...@adobe.com>.

I've submitted a patch with SLING-2721 which updates just the requirements for the integrationtest module to run on Java 6. Let's see where that takes us...

Robert

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-2721

Re: Writing a Java 6-only integration test

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi

I think we discussed this already. But maybe we should just come to a conclusion, that Sling requires Java 6.

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix