Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Priya Sharma <pr...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/28 11:56:00 UTC

ALC Indore Event (May-June 2020)

Dear All,

ALC Indore is gaining popularity in local communities, especially in
academic institutes (colleges and universities).
We are regularly getting requests from them to educate students on
open-source and Apache.

As per ALC Event guidelines [1], we would like to request for PMC approval
for the upcoming ALC Indore Events.

The ALC [2] Indore Chapter [3] is planning webinars on 'Open Source & ASF
Awareness' at Indore, India, on the 30th of May 2020 & 13th June 2020
(tentative).

ALC Indore is pleased to propose two more webinars on the request of
these institutes, for students pursuing Engineering in Computer
Science.
1. CDGI Indore [4]
2. Oriental College (they are in discussion with us)

Swapnil M Mane will give us a brief introduction to Apache Local
Community and Aditya Sharma & I will be the speaker for the events
respectively.

In the session we will be covering the following topics:
 # Open Source and The Apache Way
  -- What is Open-Source
  -- History of Open-Source
  -- Open-Source Vs Closed source
  -- Open-Source license
  -- About the Apache Software Foundation and it's history
  -- About the Apache Way
  -- ICLA and how it should be signed to contribute in ASF
  -- Apache Incubator
  -- The Foundation structure
  -- The projects under the Apache umbrella
  -- The Mailing list and it's usage
  -- How to pick a project based domain/programming language interest

Here is the link [5] to the presentation and the details of the event
can be found at [6]

[1] https://s.apache.org/alc-guidelines
[2] https://s.apache.org/alc
[3] https://s.apache.org/alc-indore
[4] https://cdgi.edu.in/cdgi.php
[5] https://s.apache.org/nbgca
[6] https://s.apache.org/8t8ph

Re: ALC Indore Event (May-June 2020)

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <po...@apache.org>.
I think it's a great idea to reach out to the local universities with Local
ALC chapters.

Tomek - maybe we can do similar things in the Warsaw ALC chapter.

Priya - do you mind if we use the presentation from you as a base :) ?

J.

Posted by Priya Sharma <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jarek,
We are glad you liked the idea, our personal experience with students
has been amazing so far.

Here is the link to the presentation, please feel free to utilize it
as per your need.
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1T3jnMEpbEtoseIedQTkc4GTWBusmH5uLSiVD4WlLtNQ/edit#slide=id.g8062ace363_0_58

Best regards,
Priya Sharma