Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Álvaro Vargas Quezada <al...@outlook.com> on 2013/04/10 23:31:38 UTC

How to index Sharepoint files with Lucene

Hi everyone!
I'm trying to combine Lucene with Sharepoint (we use Windows and SP 2010), but I couldn't find good tutorials or proven tests cases that demostrate this integration. Do you know any tutorial or can give me some help about this?
I have read all the "Lucene in Action" but here just talk about indexing files, and not integration with other softwares.
Thanks in advanceGreetz from Chile

Re: How to index Sharepoint files with Lucene

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
The Apache ManifoldCF "connector framework" has a SharePoint connector that
can crawl SharePoint repositories. It has an output connector that feeds
into Solr/SolrCell, but you can easily develop a connector that outputs
whatever you want - like put the crawled files into a file system directory,
or maybe even send each file directly into Tika and then directly index the
content into Lucene, if that's what you want. In any case, MCF handles the
SharePoint access and crawling.

See:
http://manifoldcf.apache.org/en_US/index.html

-- Jack Krupansky